Community-based Residential Living - Group Homes and Supported Apartments
Our residential programs are designed to help you pursue and achieve your personal goals, and lead a full and rewarding life.
In a Rose House home, you'll be able to:
- Enjoy a safe, secure, independent living environment
- Make new friends in your home and your community
- Use the life skills you've worked so hard to develop, while learning and using new skills
- Develop and exercise freedom of choice in your life choices
- Get involved in your community
- Be a leader by showing the general public that people with developmental disabilities are contributing members in the workplace and community.
Vocational Training for Competitive Employment
Clients of The Rose House have proven that developmentally disabled adults, with the right training and support, can succeed in "real world" jobs. Our Vocational Training Program (VTP) can provide you with the training and support you need to get and hold a good job in your community.
Since 1999, VTP has been successful in:
- Creating good jobs for people with disabilities
- Training people for, and help them transition to, good jobs in private industry
- Serving as an employer for people not employable in competitive jobs
We define a good job as one where the employee:
- Is paid a reasonable wage for their work;
- Is treated with respect and a positive attitude in the workplace;
- Receives opportunities for personal and employment growth over time
Job Sampling for high school seniors
Our Job Sampling program is designed to be an integral part of the transition process for high school seniors, offering them exposure to “real-life” work situations in a supportive environment.